Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The longest week ever

Tomorrow it will be a week since we found out how unique our little girl is. Ozzy said "I have aged ten years but that could be a good thing." We both feel like we have matured a lot in a short period of time. We always said our Bubu made us better people and this week really revealed that. I never thought that I would be able to handle something like this. But now that I am living "this" it doesn't seem very dark at all. Our Bubu is a healthy little girl that is teaching us a lot about focussing on life's little victories. Things are getting very real now. Today we began receiving bios for possible therapists for our Bubu. And our pediatrician referred us to a pediatric neurologist; we will meet with them after Thanksgiving. Again, things are getting very real. We have so much hope for our little girl. We have felt very positive but I am anxious about starting therapy. We don't want anyone looking at our Bubu like she is sick, because she is not. I hope that we find a medical support team that understands that. Our case worker is very sweet and empathetic so there must be more people out there like her.

And while the road ahead is an absolute mystery, I know that our Bubu is strong enough to walk it. She is an amazing little person with a very sweet spirit. I didn't think it was possible but I love her more deeply now than I did a week ago. And she is doing so well with the new diet. I am happy to say that she had a better appetite today and seemed a lot happier. We had some great stretches of meaningful eye contact. And in a moment that Ozzy and I are completely dumbfounded by and quite frankly a bit confused by, while holding Bubu she took my glasses and I took them back and she looked me in the eye and said the tiniest "no." Ozzy wasn't looking and thought I was doing a baby voice. I don't know how to explain it, it didn't sound like her. Bubu has always held on to her sounds a bit. She doesn't project very much. We have always said that she is a "whiner not a crier." That is what made that tiny "no" stop us in our tracks-she projected it OUT. It was said softly but she wasn't holding on to it in the back of her throat. I hope and pray that means something, I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment