Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Time for Mommy to Let It Go

Today I have been OUT for the count. Sinus infection, enough said. My sweet husband took over today. He did an awesome job. He is a wonderful Daddy. And I was amazed at HOW much of a creature of habit I am in my parenting style. Sofie is our first so it is impossible to tell if my style is because she is our first or because she has Autism (or a little of both). But regardless, I caught myself a few times about to say "Oh we usually do this.." or "She doesn't like it when I do...so I do..." Just realized this evening that full-time preschool will be a big adjustment for Mommy-and a necessary one. ASD or no ASD it's time to shake things up for my sweet little control freak (apple doesn't fall far from the neurotic tree).

No comments:

Post a Comment